Our crates are packed with love & attention...
At The Gluttonous Gardener the tip top condition that our gifts arrive in is of the utmost importance to us, which is why we take such pride in the careful packaging and presentation of all of our parcels in our unique wooden crates.
We take every step to ensure that in whatever we do we are giving mother nature a helping hand so the majority of our packaging is re-usable, recyclable or compostable.
Our wooden crates are not just there to protect their delicate contents, we think they also look great, and better still, once they have served their primary purpose of getting your gift delivered in perfect condition they can put to good use in a whole host of other ways.
- A planter for vegetables or herbs - line with plastic to protect the wood (and keep the compost in) - don't forget to pierce holes in the bottom for drainage. Use gravel or bark to create a layer in the bottom to allow drainage and then cover with a multipurpose compost and plant with whatever takes your fancy.
- Apple Storage - apply layers of newspaper in between each layer to allow air to circulate.
- Storage box - for logs for the fire, Veg box, childrens toys.
- Break up and use for kindling (fire-starting).
- Use around the base of strawberry plants to keep the slugs and bugs away and keep the fruit clean.
- Leave out in the garden for the birds to take away and use in their nests.
- Roll into balls to make good fire or barbecue lighters. You can see how to do it here in our eco fire lighter blog post.
- Put on the compost heap.
- Use for bedding for hamsters, guinea pigs or rabbits.